Thursday, January 31, 2008

Carter is now 4 months old

Carter is now 4 months old. He is doing well and is growing larger. ( 18 pounds) He is smiling tons and loves his big sister. Riley is really beginning to dote on him too. When she wakes up she always looks at me and than wants to know where Carter is. I hope this love for him only grows. Her new thing is rolling Carter over during tummy time. We have been working with the Goo to try to get him to roll over, but lately he would rather just cry it out than try to roll. I though this boy had it down when he first rolled over at 2 1/2 months. Since then, he has only rolled over 2 more times. So now when he begins to cry Riley runs to him and turns him over. This really is not helping, but she gets so excited yelling, "Look Carter rolled over, he did it!" I can't help but laugh. She is a silly girl. She also wants to do the same things as Carter, even if it is something as simple as sitting in a Bumbo seat (a plastic chair for a 3 -8 month baby to help them sit up). Last night we gave Carter a bath in the sink and of course she wanted one too. She had fun and it was easier than giving her a bath in the tub. It was too cute. Riley also braved the dentist this week. She did so well. I am hoping we can always make this a positive experience.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow - time goes by so fast. Carter is very handsome and I can't believe how dark his hair is! Good job Riley on a great dentist visit. I am sure it runs in the family.

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

I can not believe how big Carter is.
I was at the Dr's for bence year well visit . . .he is 21 lbs. !2 months and 21 lbs. the dr took him off of low weight warning. I cant figure how he is so small . . .he is pudgy.
And he eats so much. Carter is going to be able to beat bence down at half his age. Good thing we live so far away . .jk

glad you guys survived the storms.
let us know when your in CA again.