Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I guess it is about time!

So, we decided to join the masses and create our own blog. I love checking out other friends and family blogs and hopefully they will feel the same. It helps me feel somewhat connected to them even thou I live far from them. I figure this way I can at least save some time during my busy weeks by posting pictures of the kids instead of emailing them . I am going to try to post to it once a week. Anyway, I hope this is as fun for everyone as it is for me. Here is a quick update on our life as of now. We live in Joliet, IL and will be here until mid June. Joliet is about 3o miles west of Chicago. It has been quite an experience since our arrival here. A couple of tornadoes, problems finding a place to live, currently renting in a home that is foreclosing, daily missing Greg because he is always working, enjoying being a mother of 2, loving our a new car( finally), meeting our cool neighbors, first experience of -2 degree weather, aquiring a new desire to always live in a home with a garage, and constantly being amazed at how quickly our kids are growing. That's a quick rundown of our past 6 months. Carter is now 3 months and 3 weeks old. He starting to laugh more often and always gets a big smile when he sees Riley. He is our big boy. He has already grown out of his car seat due to his length. He is 18 lbs. and 27 1/2 inches. He really is a easy baby and such a wonderful addition to our family. Riley is as busy as ever. She loves trying to help me with whatever I am doing. Sometimes it is not so helpful, such as pulling Carter out of the swing and bonking his head so as to get him ready to go. Yet I love that her heart is in the right place. She is now going to a music/ learning program once a week and will be starting a gymnastics class tomorrow. She loves interacting with other kids and having fun. She is a blast. We call her our little buggy. Unfortunately she has been fighting some type of infection for some time. Throughout the day her temperature rises to around 99 ( sometimes 100) and she has frequently night sweats. Of course, none of this slows her down, yet we want to find an answer. We had some x-rays done today and it looks like she may be fighting a sinus infection. Hopefully whatever it is, it will pass quickly.
Well stop by often. You can click on the slide show on your right for a better view of the pictures.
Joy

3 comments:

Julie and Matt said...

You did it! I am so excited! It is finally nice to have someone from our family doing it too. It is so cute! I will check yours often and I hope you keep checking ours. And now that you have one and a gmail address, you can comment on ours too. I just re-did our slide show and there is a few pix of Riley. Take a look if you can. Love you guys!

The McLane Blog Page: said...

We're excited that you've joined the world of bloggers. I hope things are going better for you in Illinois. Hey if you guys are there until mid-June Josh and I will be there a little bit with you guys. We Get there May 18th. Love you guys! Have fun!....If it makes you feel better it's freezing here in Utah too...-Josh & Kiera

Lisa said...

Yay - we are so glad you have a blog now. I can't wait to keep in touch a little better. I hope things start looking up soon!