Sunday, May 11, 2008

The allure of cookies



The smell of chocholate cookies was just too much of a temptation for our little buggy. I had baked a batch and had placed them on the counter to cool when Riley came runing in asking for a cookie. Well, let me restate that, she was actually demanding one. She told me that she "needed" the cookie. Lately she has decided to use the word "need" instead of "want or I would like". It makes me laugh to think that someone would "need" a cookie. Anyway, I told her she would have to wait unitl after dinner when the cookies have cooled. She stomped around a little bit and than found something else to occupy herself. A few mintues later, Carter needed his diaper changed. So I headed upstairs, changed him and by the time I came back down, Riley had moved a kitchen chair to the counter and was proceeding to finish her second cookie. I was a little mad, but amazed at how her desire for this cookie lead her to figure out a way to reach the top of the counter. Being a softy for her cute smile, I had to pull out the camera to capture her disobedience. God sends us these kids with these adorable smiles that make it so hard to be a stern parent. What do you do...I guess just love them.

 


2 comments:

Julie and Matt said...

That is so funny that she uses the word "need" because Brooklyn uses it all the time too. It always makes us laugh too.

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

Riley is like Ben, he can smell sweets and needs to have them. Jeddy my 3 year old is so particular. I cant make anything he likes. ben has mutual wed nights and I bake with the kids (to help time go by).
and we havnt made anything yet that he wants to eat after. cookies, cakes, lemon bars.

just fruit snacks and m & m's